At Profiles, we all work hard, but we also play hard…especially during the summer. From sundresses and outdoor dining to weekend beach trips, concerts and flip-flops, we all celebrate summer by making sure we find time to relax. In honor of the warm weather and sunny days, we wanted to share with you some of our favorite summer traditions:
- Belvedere Square Concerts on Fridays. Perfect for hanging out with friends and letting the little ones run around.
- Shopping early on Sunday mornings at the Farmers’ Market.
- Rooftop deck parties–watching the sunset over Baltimore’s skyline with good friends and delicious food and drinks.
- Crabbing on the Severn River using the old crabbing technique of string, chicken necks and nets. Then, spending the evening picking fresh crabs and getting totally covered in Old Bay!
- Captain’s 28-inch pizza to share with friends and family when visiting Ocean City.
- $5 Sundays–gathering with friends and family at the May family pool in Bel Air. Everyone comes over on Sundays, brings $5 and gets to eat, drink, swim and play cornhole. Who needs Ocean City when you have $5 Sundays?
- Early morning bike rides through Green Spring Valley before the heat and humidity get too high.
- Snowballs from SnoOasis on Padonia Road in Cockeysville. An office favorite: old fashioned egg custard with marshmallow.
- Bohs and O’s: Enjoying an ice cold Natty Boh while cheering on the Orioles at Camden Yards.
- July 4th fireworks from the top of Federal Hill Park.
- Rita’s runs: sometimes we can’t make it through the week without an icy treat.
- It’s a sure sign that summer has arrived when half-day Fridays start. There’s nothing better than having a few extra hours to enjoy the weekend!
What are your favorite summer traditions?
Jamie Watt Arnold, Senior Account Manager