Publicists work long hours. We work early mornings, late nights, weekends and even holidays. It’s not uncommon to see a tweet or Facebook post from a publicist at 4:30 a.m. or to receive an email from us at midnight. I took a moment this morning to stop and think about HOW I am able to do it. While I can’t speak for others out there, below are some things this publicist can’t live without to help me get through the day…
- Ragan’s Daily Headlines – offering a daily roundup of news, conversation and humor. I always find great articles and tips. And, if nothing else, I always get a good laugh from it.
- CityBizList.com enewsletter – providing me with the latest business news stories from Baltimore as well as some interesting Q&As, restaurant reviews and website suggestions.
- My Tervis tumbler – everything just tastes better out of a Tervis tumbler. Plus, it’s dishwasher safe!
- A pen – I carry one with me just about everywhere I go.
- A “to do” list – keeping me focused and sane. I don’t think I could truly function without one.
- Rita’s Water Ice – because sometimes you just need a sweet treat and a nice reward.
- My colleagues – shoulders to lean on, additional sets of eyes to review things, more brains for brainstorming…how could I do it all on my own?
- My iPhone – always there when I need it, my phone has my emails and contact list, the latest gossip from Hollywood, photos of my baby girl, and games when I have downtime.
What helps you get through the day? Share with us at @profilesbmore!
- Amy Burke Friedman, Vice President